How to ride technical climbs on an E-MTB
How to tackle technical climbs on an E-MTB
E-mountain biking is becoming more and more popular across the mountain biking community, with E-MTBs now part of the race world, travel world, and of course, weekend adventures with your mates. But they do require a slightly different skill set and approach to almost every aspect of mountain biking.
In this episode of the #EMTBMinute we look at the technique involved in ascending, teaching you how to ride technical climbs on your e-mountain bike.
With these few top tips and a bit of practice you’ll be clearing those tough climbs on all trails – near or far – and getting maximum enjoyment out of riding your eMTB on all types of terrain.
7 steps for riding technical climbs on an e-mountain bike
- Anticipate the climb early, as you make your approach
- Select appropriate mode for the climb, switching up to Trail or Boost, if required
- Stay seated and pedal at a steady cadence
- Change gear as required – remember, choosing the correct gear is just as important in e-mountain biking!
- Sit forward in the saddle, bring your elbows in and lower your head slightly
- Maintain a steady cadence over obstacles, such a roots or rocks
- As you crest the brow of the hill return your body back to normal riding position
Tick, tick, tick, tick…
What can you learn in a minute? Well, quite a lot as it turns out…
From setting up your e-mountain bike to mastering cornering on an E-MTB, in the #EMTBminute we take on some of the most pressing questions around your e-mountain bike life and attempt to show you the key stages in just 60 seconds!
Using decades of collective guiding, riding and mechanical experience we’ve carefully created each minute-long video to give easy-to-follow, practical tips that will instantly demystify skills and techniques. They might still take a lifetime to master but with #EMTBminute at least you’ll be off to a solid start.
If our video has given you confidence to tackle technical climbs on your e-mountain bike, why not take a look at our other #EMTBminute videos or sign up to our newsletter to receive regular updates from our expert guides to get the most out of your E-MTB life!