Sales + Customer Relationship Specialist
– Full time or part-time
– Scotland based
– Competitive salary
– Travel opportunities
– Industry discounts
– Lunchtime rides
– Closing date: 6 Oct 2023
Work for the mountain bike adventure experts
At H+I Adventures we craft life-affirming MTB and E-MTB adventures that set the standard in international mountain bike travel. This philosophy permeates through everything we do, and we’re now looking for a passionate and motivated individual, dedicated to delivering the best customer service in the industry and smashing sales targets.
Does this sound like you?
You’re a detail-orientated, multi-tasker, with fantastic communication skills, who loves helping customers find their perfect holiday. As well as a passion for providing exceptional customer service, you also have great emotional intelligence and a drive to meet sales targets. Finally, you have worked in and are passionate about the travel industry, maybe even a mountain biker, like us!
What makes us (and you) different?
Outstanding customer service is the key to our success. Building strong relationships with our customers from the very first communication, right through the customer journey, enables us to maximise sales conversion, customer satisfaction and repeat business rates.
You’ll join our friendly, hard-working team based at our purpose-built headquarters in the beautiful Scottish Highlands, but with the opportunity for hybrid working also. You’ll be strengthening our Sales and Operations team, which has a keen focus on attention-to-detail and drive to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
If you have that same drive for success and would like to join an industry-leading team of A-players this could be the perfect post for you.
As Sales + Customer Relationship Specialist your role will include:
- Developing an in-depth and detailed understanding of all trips in all destinations to advise enquirers which tour is most suitable for them
- Customer relationship management – building strong relationships with each customer and responding to all queries throughout the customer journey cycle; from first enquiry, through booking, post-booking, going on tour, post-tour feedback, and repeat booking
- Sales generation – leverage all customer points of contact generated through marketing initiatives from both new and repeat customers to achieve monthly sales targets
- Customer information management – manage all customer information in our booking and CRM system, and provide feedback and ideas to further enhance the system
- Working in collaboration with the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of all tours and delivery of exceptional experiences for all customers
- Working with international partners to share information and ensure the smooth running of all global tours
- Assisting guides in welcoming riders to our HQ at the start of Scottish tours
- Working closely with the marketing team to ensure marketing and sales strategies are aligned
- Assisting colleagues in the implementation of the company social media strategy
Skills + experience
- You have at least three years’ experience of working in a sales-driven environment, successfully achieving monthly sales targets
- You have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- You possess tremendous, and place great importance on, attention-to-detail. It’s this focus on detail that sets us apart from our competitors
- You are proficient at multi-tasking and like to have several things on the go at once
- You have a high level of emotional intelligence and an ability to understand people’s needs
- You have experience of working in a customer service environment and are committed to providing the best possible customer service
- You’re a team player and also recognise the importance of taking the initiative to drive improvements within your area of responsibility
- You enjoy talking to, and working with people to help resolve their issues and concerns with a positive attitude
- You are competent in IT and have worked with database/ booking/ CRM systems and the Google suite
- Ideally, you have a passion for mountain biking and/or travelling
Remuneration + benefits
- Starting salary: £24,000 pro rata, per annum
- 30 days holiday pro rata, per annum (including bank and public holidays)
- 5% pension contribution
- Personal development opportunities, including taking part in an H+I Adventures tour anywhere in the world (ground costs covered)
- Working in a fantastic, semi-rural office environment with excellent trails on the doorstep
- Hybrid working available
- A wide range of industry discounts including: bikes, equipment and clothing
- Full time or part-time
- Hybrid working (H+I Adventures office and home)
- 95% ‘office’ based, with the opportunity to travel and experience first-hand our mountain bike tours
- Reporting to Chief Executive Officer
Is this the job for you?
If you have the exceptional sales skills we’re looking for and a passion for delivering the best customer service then we want to hear from you.
How do you apply?
We welcome applications from anyone with the relevant skill set and experience. We want to see your sales skills in action, so to apply for this position email Catherine Shearer, Chief Executive Officer, with:
- your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be the perfect fit for this role and what you can bring to the H+I Adventures Team
- a response to the following enquiry:
“We are a group of 8 looking for a MTB trip. We take a trip every second year and last year was Peru.
“We are all aged 50+ but have been biking for years. We are not looking for anything extreme, but can of course pedal although downhill is preferred. I know with a trip like yours pedalling is required and that is of course fine. We like the look of your Namibia and Chile adventures and look forward to hearing more from you.”
We’re not looking for the perfect solution, we’re more interested in how you deal with the enquiry and engage with the prospective customer.
This isn’t your average sales and customer service position and we’re not looking for the average candidate.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th October 2023, 17:00 GMT