How to set up your e-mountain bike
How to set up your e-mountain bike for its first ride
E-mountain bikes are becoming a staple part of the mountain biking community, featuring in every aspect of the MTB world, from EWS, to E-MTB world champs, to weekend adventures with your mates. But there are a thousand different models, suspension combinations and kit choices, how do you know what’s a good a base setting on your E-MTB?
In this episode of the #EMTBMinute Chris will show you how to get your e-mountain bike set up to a good base setting, so that your eMTB experience is off to a great start.
With these few top tips and a bit of practice you’ll be able to tweak your E-MTB settings to find the best position to get the most out of every e-mountain bike ride and adventure.
8 steps for setting up your e-mtb for your first ride
- Check tyre pressure: pressure should be between 24 and 29 psi
- Check suspension sag – % movement of ‘O’ ring on fork stanchion/ rear shock when compressed and released
- Use shock pump to adjust sag to desired setting: approx 20% firm, 25% neutral and 30% soft
- Check battery is fully charged
- Insert battery and ensure that it is secure and waterproof covers are in place
- Turn on your bike, taking care that your foot is not on the pedal
- Find a support and adjust saddle height so that there is a slight bend in knee with cranks at full extension
- Carry a multi-tool with you in case you need to make further adjustments during your ride – and have fun!
Tick, tick, tick, tick…
What can you learn in a minute? Well, quite a lot as it turns out…
From setting up your e-mountain bike to mastering cornering on an E-MTB, in the #EMTBminute we take on some of the most pressing questions around your e-mountain bike life and attempt to show you the key stages in just 60 seconds!
Using decades of collective guiding, riding and mechanical experience we’ve carefully created each minute-long video to give easy-to-follow, practical tips that will instantly demystify skills and techniques. They might still take a lifetime to master but with #EMTBminute at least you’ll be off to a solid start.
If our video has given you confidence to set up your e-mountain bike, why not take a look at our other #EMTBminute videos or sign up to our newsletter to receive regular updates from our expert guides to get the most out of your E-MTB life!